The Dual Degree Program in Technology & Management (T&M-DDP) is designed to provide a world-class interdisciplinary education that emphasizes technological innovation and managerial leadership with an inclination towards a global perspective. T&M-DDP, the first of its kind in Hong Kong, offers high-caliber students an inspiring opportunity to gain two internationally-recognized degrees in five years: Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) or Bachelor of Science (BSc), and Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA).
Dual Degree students learn how to analyze issues from technological and business viewpoints and solve both quantitative and qualitative problems. Students also develop awareness of different cultures and global perspectives and foster a willingness to serve, gaining much more than two degrees. With double degrees in technology and management, our graduates have a wide variety of career advancement opportunities.
As a fully integrated program, T&M-DDP students study engineering/science and business courses every year. In addition to the major disciplines, students are also exposed to courses in mathematics, entrepreneurship, social science and humanities, and business communications in English and Chinese to sharpen their analytical skills and critical thinking and broaden their perspectives. The program is challenging but delivers outstanding opportunities for students to acquire broad and deep knowledge in technology and management.
Provide world-class interdisciplinary education with emphasis in technology and management with global impact.
To be a leading program that nurtures global leaders with technology and management know-how.
Global view – Being able to perceive and understand other views or people with a broad and open mindset and holistic consideration.
Impactful – Making conscientious efforts to improve the well-being of the world and the society.
Leadership – Shaping the vision and providing positive directions to guide and enhance the work quality and impact of peers.
Passion – Working with an intense desire and enthusiasm.
Professionalism – Being able to communicate and contribute to work outcome with knowledge, integrity and quality.
- BBA in Economics
- BBA in Finance
- BBA in General Business Management
- BBA in Management
- BBA in Marketing
- BEng in Aerospace Engineering*
- BEng in Bioengineering*
- BEng in Chemical Engineering*
- BEng in Civil Engineering*
- BEng in Civil and Environmental Engineering*
- BEng in Computer Engineering*
- BEng in Computer Science*
- BEng in Decision Analytics*
- BEng in Electronic Engineering*
- BEng in Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management*
- BSc in Integrative Systems and Design*
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering*
* These majors can be declared with an Extended Major in Artificial Intelligence
Enrichment Activities & Signature Courses
A variety of enrichment activities help students consolidate multi-dimensional problem solving skills, communications skills, and global understanding through real-life practices. Examples include exchange programs, internships, executive forum, and leadership training. The following are some key enrichment activities and signature courses offered to T&M-DDP students.
- T&M International Business Plan Competition (TEMG4960)
- T&M Corporate Consulting Projects (TEMG4950)
- T&M Corporate Proof-of-Concept Projects (TEMG4952)
- T&M Case Analysis and Value Proposition Design (TEMG3950)
- T&M Professional Activities (TEMG1010)