Students who would like to take time to explore their academic interests may enter the School via the school-based admission route (Application Choice: Business & Management) and enroll in a major via the Major Selection Exercise by Year 2 fall term. As one of the best-regarded and most comprehensive business and management programs in Hong Kong, B&M provides students with a broad foundation of knowledge and great flexibility in learning.
For students who have a strong interest in a specific area of business at the time of admission, the program-based admission route (Application Choice: BBA in Marketing, BSc in Economics and Finance ,etc.) allows them to enroll directly into the program of their interest.
Students of both school-based and program-based routes will follow an identical broad curriculum in their first three terms.
Key features of the B&M program
• In the first three terms, students will be exposed to a wide variety of business and other foundational subjects (i.e. Business Core courses) so that they can fully explore their study interest and academic strength before choosing one or more specialties in Major Selection Exercise.
• About half of the planned major seats are reserved for B&M program students to enroll in the major via the Major Selection Exercise at the end of the first three terms (i.e. Year 2 Fall term).
• Close to 90% of business students were admitted into their first- or second-choice major through major selection exercises.
• Joint-school programs (BSc Biotechnology and Business, BSc Mathematics and Economics, BSc in Sustainable and Green Finance and BSc in Risk Management and Business Intelligence) and interdisciplinary programs (BEng/BSc and BBA Dual Degree Program in Technology and Management, BSc in Environmental Management & Technology Program and BSc in Individualized Interdisciplinary Major Program) are also available in the Major Selection Exercise.
• Students joining the business school through both program-based and school-based routes, as long as they meet the extended major requirements, are eligible to apply for the extended major.