Risk management and business intelligence are vital parts of a company’s strategic planning and decision-making in the globalized era. The BSc in Risk Management and Business Intelligence (RMBI) program integrates training in both risk management and business intelligence and addresses their market needs in a single undergraduate program.
Combining the strengths of HKUST’s School of Business and Management, School of Engineering, and School of Science, the cutting-edge BSc RMBI program incorporates a curriculum that caters to market needs with an emphasis on quantitative techniques and business knowledge, encompassing:
- An understanding of risks in financial institutions and other firms, including market risks, credit risks, operational risks, and business risks
- Mathematical models and methods of assessing and minimizing risks
- Data/text mining methods and advanced technologies to analyze and manage the increasingly large volume of business data available for decision-making
Financial Technology Option
An academic option “Financial Technology” is provided to students who wish to pursue a deeper understanding of financial technology and its engineering foundations, cryptoventures and the latest development in the area. Courses include:
- FinTech and Cryptoventures
- Engineering Foundations of FinTech
Dual Degree 4+1 Pathway (BScRMBI + MScFintech)
The Dual Degree 4+1 Pathway (BScRMBI + MScFintech) allows motivated RMBI students to pursue more in-depth exposure and development in Fintech. Selected student will start taking MSc Fintech courses in their UG year 4, and be admitted to the MSc program as full-time students in the following year. Students in this 4+1 pathway will complete both degrees in 5 years and might save up to 40% in MSc tuition fees.