3 Oct 2022
3 Oct – 20 Nov 2022
20 Nov 2022 – 8 Jan 2023
HKUST offers 49+ major programs covering science, engineering, business and management, the humanities, social science, and cross-disciplinary areas.
Note: Final year students and graduates of local associate degree and higher diploma programs who are interested in Computer Science or Computer Engineering programs are advised to apply by the Early Round deadline, as these programs mainly consider Early Round applicants.
Applicants with post-secondary qualifications should fulfill one of the following requirements:
- Completion of an associate degree in a post-secondary institution recognized by HKUST; OR
- Completion of a higher diploma program in a post-secondary institution recognized by HKUST; OR
- Transfer students from local or overseas degree programs (GPA of B+ or 80% is normally expected)
- Copies of national ID card and/or travel documentation (must upload copy of Hong Kong ID card and copy of Hong Kong visa/entry permit, if available)
- A personal statement
- Academic transcripts and public examination result certificates
- Certificates for/proof of significant prizes and awards, if available
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Nomination of an academic referee (an e-mail will be sent to the academic referee nominated in your submitted online application)
- CV/résumé (optional)
- HKD450 application fee (online payment via credit card)
Create an account on the HKUST Online Application System and start filling out your application.
You may save your progress and return to complete the form at any time before the application deadline.
Select up to TWO options. Your first choice will be considered your highest priority.
Please refer to our application guide for the details of your program choices and alternative choice.
Each student is required to nominate at least ONE academic referee.
In the application form, there is an Academic Reference section in which you can input the contact details of your referee. The application system will generate an email with a reference form to him or her. Your referee could then submit the references directly to us online. The email request will be sent after you submit the application form. We recommend that the referee respond to the request within two weeks.
If your referee misses the email request, or if you would like to replace your nominated referee, you may resend the referee request in the online application system.
If you have additional references, you can upload them in the “Upload Documents” section.
You are required to include identity documents, a personal statement, academic transcripts, proof of English language proficiency, public examination certificates, and proof of significant prizes and awards (if any) with your online application.
We welcome any other supporting documents that you wish to be taken into consideration. You can log in to the online application system and upload any supporting documents (i.e. awards, achievements) after you have submitted your application.
After confirming the details of your application, you may submit your application with a HKD450 application fee, which can be paid online using a Visa or Mastercard credit card.
Applications are reviewed holistically, based on the overall profile of each applicant. Admission results are usually released from December onward, and applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. You can log in to your online application portal to:
- view the latest status of your application and important dates;
- update personal contact details;
- resend invitations to referees; and
- upload additional supporting documents.
Interviews are compulsory for the following programs:
- International Research Enrichment (IRE)
- BSc in Integrative Systems and Design (ISDN)
- BBA in Global Business (GBUS)
- BSc in Risk Management and Business Intelligence (RMBI)
- Dual Degree Program in Technology and Management (T&M-DDP)
For other programs, interviews are not compulsory. If an interview is arranged, you will be notified via e-mail and the interview will usually be conducted online.
Successful applicants receive admission offers online. Usually, admission results are announced from December onward.
To accept HKUST’s offer and secure a place at HKUST, you must pay a deposit (HKD20,000 for non-local students and HK5,000 for local students) by the acceptance deadline (usually within about 2-3 weeks). Upon accepting an offer, applicants will receive information on the submission of official documents, student visa application (for non-local student), course registration, accommodation, and orientation.
Admissions scholarships will be considered automatically after you have submitted your application. Details of admissions scholarships are released with admission offers.
Please visit the Scholarships and Finance Aid Office website for more scholarship opportunities.
Students who have taken advanced courses prior to their admission to the University are eligible for credit transfer on entry. The year of entry depends on the number of credits granted.
Details of credit transfer arrangements are available here (reference for 2021 intake only).